Thursday 19 March 2009

Day of the Triffids

I have finally decided to take the plunge and write my own blog. It will likely be a mismatch of personal, business and crafty times.

Today is a crafty day. I finished a dress for a client, I hope she likes it. I'm making a skirt in the same yarn at the moment, and then shoes. I'm over the yarn, I dislike knitting with black to the nth degree, my eyes hurt from the squinting (although it could be because its almost midnight). I am in love with the bow though, and want to make a hundred of them, just because they are so cute.


I am over setting up my store before I even begin. Endless hours of stress and trying to work out what the hell I'm doing and I'm still nowhere nearer to getting it live. I still haven't got the currency converted from AUD to GBP (a pretty important change I need to make). I think having a baby has made me a technological retard.

Hudson told me he loved me last night. I cried.

I'm in the 2ww. Any likelihood of a baby bean this month is unlikely, but never impossible. My brothers wife gave birth yesterday morning, a little girl called Lois Nelle, I'm really pleased for them, but just that little bit jealous. They caught the same month we started trying, I cant shake the 'I wish it was me' feeling, as high school as it is, I just want to stomp my feet and ask when it will be our turn again. I'm so sure I wont be pregnant, but I've been looking at a blanket pattern on Ravelry, I cant get it out of my mind, and I've been thinking about what yarn I would use to make it, I did a little research and found someone selling off a skein of Lorna's Lace Shepherd in Huron. I had to have it. It will cost me a small fortune to make a blanket out of it, but I needed to try it out. So once I get my orders out the way and the MM swap out the way I shall make a teeny little hat and mittens set (which will coincidentally match the blanket and of course will mean I must have a winter baby, so it will get used). I am shocking, I really am.


Hudson is starting to draw/create faces. He's not even 2 yet. It's probably normal, but I think he's super clever! Here is his face (it's by his hand in magnet words) he made, as he was doing it he said 'one, two... heeeeyes (eyes), nooooose face!' yep, he definitely must be clever (and take after his dad!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is TOO cute! I love the header, and I love seeing all the stuff you're working on. I'd buy a bow if you made more! Tons, really! Green pink purple, yes yes! They'd be cute as pins - on hats, purses, sweaters. You should do it! Or at least teach me how, ha.

I hope you have another baby soon! Do you have more names in mind or just think of them as the time comes?

SORRY I'm so slow with your Koolaid! I haven't gotten out to the store in forever.

My word verification for this comment is PRIPSY. I think I'm going to start using that in everyday convos.

Knittysaurus said...

thanks :) that was my latest dye project (the header) and i love it SO much!! Haha, ok, bow patrol I'll be on it!! Something else to add to the store ;)

Baby names - it was hard enough getting Hudsons, we only got there with the help of Dans step dad and you! For a girl we'd be almost set I think, as we had ideas before we knew Hudson was a boy, it would possibly be an Ophelia and there would be Violet in there as a middle name or something after Dans great grandma.

No worries about the koolaid - you have a few other things on your mind ;)

Pripsy - how wonderful, definitely add it to a conversation today. In fact, I think that should be a challenge... get a word verification in a conversation every day. haha.